A Garden in Canada
(Last update 21 Nov 2012)
Garden Canadensis is a simple country garden where we live and play with ornamental plants. As a ‘play’ garden, it will be constantly changing. If you are curious about what I am playing with, take a look….
2012 is a bad garden year for me; abnormally early and hot spring, late severe frost, and extreme summer drought. With some ‘creative croppings’, I managed to salvage a few presentable pictures for the year.
You can see more pictures of our garden in other segments of this site. I have organized my garden web site into the following segments:
(You can view any of these topics by hovering over the set of buttons to the right. You can also see previous versions of this page here)
- An overview of plants that are interesting in each month of our gardening season.
- Images of our favourite perennials in alphabetical order (but does not include all the perennial we grow).
- Ornamental maples in our little collection and their seasonal looks.
- Ornamental conifers in our little collection, and their seasonal looks.
- Some Rhododendrons and broadleaf evergreen that can forgive our abuses.
- Some flowering trees and shrubs that are willing to hangout in a Zone 5 garden.
- Our limited and cautious dabbling in ornamental grasses
- Our experiments in making rockery gardens.
- Our naive intention of making a simple ‘fernery’. (Future Project)
- Favourite hangout areas in our garden.
- Future project to extend our garden to the irrigation pond.
- Future project to garden around our cottage.
- Wild flowers and other interesting plants around our cottage.
- Imagintive everchanging combination of light, colours, skies, reflection, cloud and water at the cottage.
- This and that about garden making
- My garden blog.
- Gardens that are of interest to us.
- My collection of plants related books.
- reference sources useful to our gardening activities.
Again, you can view any of these topics by hovering over the set of buttons to the left.
Have a pleasant visit.