A Garden in Canada
(Last update 21 Nov 2012)
Garden Canadensis is a simple country garden where we live and play with ornamental plants. As a ‘play’ garden, it will be constantly changing. If you are curious about what I am playing with, take a look….
2012 is a bad garden year for me; abnormally early and hot spring, late severe frost, and extreme summer drought. With some ‘creative croppings’, I managed to salvage a few presentable pictures for the year.
You can see more pictures of our garden in other segments of this site. I have organized my garden web site into the following segments:
(You can view any of these topics by hovering over the set of buttons to the right. You can also see previous versions of this page here)
– An overview of plants that are interesting in each month of our gardening season.
– Images of our favourite perennials in alphabetical order (but does not include all the perennial we grow).
– Ornamental maples in our little collection and their seasonal looks.
– Ornamental conifers in our little collection, and their seasonal looks.
– Some Rhododendrons and broadleaf evergreen that can forgive our abuses.
– Some flowering trees and shrubs that are willing to hangout in a Zone 5 garden.
– Our limited and cautious dabbling in ornamental grasses
– Our experiments in making rockery gardens.
– Our naive intention of making a simple ‘fernery’. (Future Project)
– Favourite hangout areas in our garden.
– Future project to extend our garden to the irrigation pond.
– Future project to garden around our cottage.
– Wild flowers and other interesting plants around our cottage.
– Imagintive everchanging combination of light, colours, skies, reflection, cloud and water at the cottage.
– This and that about garden making
– My garden blog.
– Gardens that are of interest to us.
– My collection of plants related books.
– reference sources useful to our gardening activities.
Again, you can view any of these topics by hovering over the set of buttons to the left.
Have a pleasant visit.